Tuesday 14 September 2010

Long Journey

Another epic 'road trip' was planned for Friday, leaving Cornwall, where it was sunny and beautiful weather...to go back to Crawley, where we go rained on for 2 days. Just for the weekend, it's such a long journey.
It starts off alright, the car is reasonably clean, up for it, singing along, chatting to mates who are with you, then you realise you've got another 5 hours on the trip so by this point everyone has shut up and gone to sleep...the car is a right mess, crisp packets over the floor, drink bottles, pillows covered in dirt...It being my car, I'm now thinking, "great, I have to clean this now."
Going home and seeing my family and friends, who I don't see very often, is great...but at the same time, it just seems like too much hassle. We drove for 2 days and stayed in Crawley for 2 days, so it seemed like there wasn't much point.
As we're going to Spain next Friday, and flying from Gatwick. We have to do the whole journey all over again. GREAT!
Think I may look into flying. Petrol is just sitting at a ridiculous price at the moment as well which doesn't help, when you're already poor.
So why am I living all the way in Cornwall again?

No comments:

Post a Comment